Puma Press

The Student News Site of Northridge Academy High School

Puma Press

Puma Press

Alondra Martinez- 2023 Graduate and Puma Trailblazer

Spotlight on Alumni
Alondra Martinez with fellow 2023 Graduate Aliyah Macias

We are thrilled to spotlight one of our most distinguished graduates, an inspiration and friend to many, from the class of 2023: Alondra Martinez. She has been leaving her mark since her journey began at New York University (NYU).

Alondra began her academic journey at NYU, where she’s currently studying abroad as a freshman in London, United Kingdom. Taking advantage of studying abroad, she has seized the opportunity to immerse herself in European culture, traveling through iconic cities and experiencing unforgettable moments at just 18 years old.

Alondra’s adventures have been nothing short of fantastic from Paris to Calais. Yet her adventures have only just begun, with planned adventures to Dublin, Italy, and Malta set for her Spring Break, and eventually Athens and Mykonos. 

Alondra seen at Malta during her spring break.

Beyond the glamour of travel, Alondra’s time in London has been made possible by her hard work and academic dedication. Both past and current academic triumphs have allowed her to take advantage of such excellent opportunities, and she’s not stopping there.

In her pursuit of excellence, Alondra offers valuable advice to her fellow pumas, emphasizing the importance of resilience and self-awareness. “Don’t be afraid to strive for great things because the only thing that blocks you from success is negativity and YOU, YOURSELF,” she advises, representing the boundless determination of a Puma.

Moreover, Alondra emphasizes the importance of community service, recognizing it as a cornerstone of personal growth, societal betterment, and even a great addition to your resume. Alondra served a term as president of KEY Club, representing Northridge Academy in Division 16 East. Her advocacy for selflessness is a beacon of inspiration, which she hopes ignites a spirit of care and generosity for future graduates. 

As Alondra continues to leave her mark on the world, our Northridge Academy community could not be more proud of her accomplishments and cannot wait to observe her future achievements. Her boundless enthusiasm for what lies ahead and her commitment to serving her community embody the essence of what it truly means to be a Northridge Academy Puma.

Many students offer many congratulations and heartfelt thanks to Alondra for being such a fantastic role model and proof that anything is achievable with hard work, dedication, and compassion. They hope her journey continues to be full of success, prosperity, and endless adventure.

Donate to Puma Press

Your donation will support the student journalists of Northridge Academy High School and other school journalism programs nationwide. Your contribution will allow SNO to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.