Puma Press

The Student News Site of Northridge Academy High School

Puma Press

Puma Press

A Musical March!

Asim Shariff
Students, and Mr. Mangione, participating in King of the Karnival, at Karaoke Karnival.
Misty Stolz performing at The Talent Show

March was quite a musical month for NAHS. Drama club kicked off the month with its annual Talent Show, featuring many students and beloved teachers performing and showing off their talents. Students started auditioning early in January, and practiced long and hard until the actual show on March 1st. When asked about the event, Drama club President Samantha Rosales said, “The turnout of the talent show this year was good, but I think Drama Club can always improve. The contestants this year were amazing, as they are every year, and the climate of the event I felt was well received, and was a lot of fun for everyone involved.” That it was, as manyPumas clearly enjoyed it. This event truly showed off that NAHS not only has some of the best students academically, but truly is home to some very talented students. The top three performers were as follows: Anjel Garcia in 3rd place, Angie Lying in 2nd place, and Mervile Dumayag winning 1st place, taking home a $200 prize. Dumayag, when interviewed about his experience, told us, “I felt awesome and definitely a bit nervous about it all. Getting on stage was a scary but thrilling experience. Winning the talent show was a great honor, and my family and friends were especially excited for me getting the $200 prize.” When asked about whether he’d do it again, he showed clear interest, saying, “I think I would definitely do it again and see how I do next year.” The talent show proved to be a success, hopefully this will continue to be a NAHS tradition.

Exactly a week after the Talent Show, Pumas once again had a blast, at Karaoke Karnival, an event put on by Class of 2025. Pumas spent their night playing games, enjoying pizza and cotton candy, and sang karaoke all for the cheap price of $2. Class of

Shenod Lasz and Jayden Cunanan Samaco singing at Karaoke Karnival (Asim Shariff)

2025 Council Member Hannah Carlson, who overviewed the setup of the event, says, “in the end we set up an event that any student and teacher could enjoy. Also the joy of working hard at the signs, balloons, games,etc. and feeling great relief and joy when it was all over” and believes that “Class of 2025 did pretty well for an event that was introduced last year.” Additionally, for the price of $5 dollars, students were able to enter a Squid Game style tournament, known as King of the Karnival. Senior class Vice President, Shenod Lasz, took his chances and participated in this event and walked away with the first place, $50 prize. He says, “The Junior class council really did an amazing job with this event, and it’s a shame that many people missed out.” Junior class President, Jasmine Anne Ventura, says, “I think my council did an AMAZING job with karaoke Karnival! They kept it all organized, there weren’t too many problems, all the decorations and backdrop looked beautiful and overall they were able to make our ideas come to life. I feel like a lot of students missed a great opportunity to experience something that’s never been done before at this school. We were able to combine karaoke with a bunch of other fun games to create this big event that isn’t common in any other schools and I feel like they didn’t get to experience all the fun things we had planned for them.” Karaoke Karnival was an amazing event, which you won’t find anywhere else. Class of 2025 did amazing with this event. All in all, March started off very eventful and enjoyable for Pumas, and hopefully the oncoming future will be equally as enjoyable.

Donate to Puma Press

Your donation will support the student journalists of Northridge Academy High School and other school journalism programs nationwide. Your contribution will allow SNO to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.