Puma Press

The Student News Site of Northridge Academy High School

Puma Press

Puma Press

CSUN Named No.2 Public University in California

Last October, California State University Northridge was announced as the No.2 Public University in California and No.12 in the nation by the Wall Street Journal (WSJ). The WSJ’s updated method places a specialized focus on student outcomes. CSUN was also ranked fifth-best university for social mobility and twentieth for student experience. In an astounding achievement, among California public universities, CSUN is second only to UC Berkley, and above all other CSUs.

Not only did CSUN rank No.2 in the state as a public university but also No. 2 for awarding bachelor’s degrees to Hispanic students by the Hispanic Outlook on Education magazine, which focuses on Hispanic education in institutions of higher learning. The magazine additionally, ranked CSUN as 20th in the nation for the number of master’s degrees granted to Hispanic students. As of Fall 2022, 55.4% of CSUN’s student population is Latinx. This supports the university’s recognition as more than half their population accounts for their achievements. CSUN also accepts a high number of students from the high school on their campus, Northridge Academy High, which has a high percentage of Latino students, compared to other schools in the area, which might be credited to their relationship.

Northridge Academy is privileged to be able to reside on CSUN’s campus and have a partnership with them. NAHS students can visit CSUN’s library and check out books, a privilege not other high school students in the area have. Students here commonly visit the college campus for various activities, visits to their journalism and math departments, or shows at The Soraya, their performing arts center. NAHS is proud to be partnered with CSUN to help students advance further in their studies.

Donate to Puma Press

Your donation will support the student journalists of Northridge Academy High School and other school journalism programs nationwide. Your contribution will allow SNO to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.