Puma Press

The Student News Site of Northridge Academy High School

Puma Press

Puma Press

Photos of protestors in front of NAHS
Features
Castro departure brings protests
Asim Shariff and Cyrus MoralesJune 24, 2024

As the school year has wrapped up, students, faculty, and staff were all struck with the sudden news- that three of our administration members...

Administrators Not Returning, New Team Coming
News
Principal Castro, VPs Oh and Frnzyan will not be returning for 2024-2025 year
Sean Hunt and Asim ShariffJune 12, 2024

Our beloved administration team that includes Assistant Principal Oh, Assistant Principal Frnzyan, and Principal Castro will not be returning...

Proud Principal Castro presenting cake to the faculty, celebrating the honor.
News
NAHS Becomes California Distinguished School
Anaiah Greene, Staff Journalist • June 11, 2024

On February 29th (Leap Day), Northridge Academy was named as a 2024 California Distinguished School. Schools were selected by analyzing data...

Pictured: Sophomores Justine Relona, Szaffi Fejes, Natalie Gutierrez, and Krishna Rivera.
Opinion
A Guide to Beating That Summertime Sadness
Olivia Munoz, Page Editor • June 9, 2024

As the school year comes to a close, students prepare for the next few months of vacation. For many, this is the best time of the year; almost...

Theater Production Prepares for a Christmas Themed Play

Angelina Lyng

Last school year, before the spring semester came to an end, Mr. Avila’s theater program dazzled us with a hilarious and romantic musical, The Frog Princess. This year, some of the former cast returns to put on yet another show for you, The Miscreants’ Christmas. The production will be held this week on December 6th, 7th, and 9th starting at 5 pm. The tickets will be five dollars for students with ID and eight dollars for general admission. Food and concessions will be sold during intermission with the proceeds going to the theater program.

In this play, Santa is kidnapped and numerous Christmas characters band together to solve the mystery. Comedic shenanigans ensue, secrets are revealed, and even the audience participates. Together, with only a week left, they try to save Christmas.

Angelina Lyng

Last week, the cast executed some final touches before the play hits the big stage: they finished up the set and got the last of the costumes together. They had their dress rehearsal on Friday, where they polished it up and finalized it. Zona Espinosa, who plays Scrooge, says it is to be a really fun play and it is highly recommended for people who are looking for something light and fun to spruce up holiday cheer.

Cast:

• Bryanna Nelson as Want from A Christmas Carol
  • Yoemily Yaque as James from Gift of the Magi
  • Ray Rosales as Della from Gift of the Magi
  • Aslan Avila as Jack Frost from Tiny Tots Book of Christmas Stories
  • Dawson Dao as Tiny Tim from A Christmas Carol
  • Zona Espinosa as Scrooge from A Christmas Carol
  • Misty Stolz as Mother Christmas
Donate to Puma Press

Your donation will support the student journalists of Northridge Academy High School and other school journalism programs nationwide. Your contribution will allow SNO to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.