Puma Press

The Student News Site of Northridge Academy High School

Puma Press

Puma Press

2023 Northridge Academy Girls Volleyball Season In Review

The 2023 Northridge Academy HS girl’s volleyball season covered a variety of feelings. Some good, some bad.

These emotions dictated the 2023 season according to varsity captains Tiana Mareko and Audrey Custodio, who mentioned how their position as captains has affected and enhanced overall performance on the court. They summarized how their goal this season was to be confident in each other as well as build bonds that would strengthen their relationship on and off the court. They accomplished this by having each person work hard and put their full ability on the court, which did pay off in the end with placing #1 in Division 3 schools beating Reseda in their second round of playoffs.

With all this hard work and dedication to the sport, applause goes to them for all their success and wins against schools that could have taken the win. For instance, Mareko and Custodio both believed the game against Division 3, VAAS, was gonna be difficult since they have always been competitive in the past but were pleasantly surprised to see that NAHS was able to match and even do better.

Overall, the 2023 girls volleyball season was a rollercoaster of emotions that were shared among each of the players and coaches. We say amazing performance from all the girls this year whether it was a game they lost or a game they won. The effort in both the girls and coaches are greatly appreciated and will forever form a bond between them.

Donate to Puma Press

Your donation will support the student journalists of Northridge Academy High School and other school journalism programs nationwide. Your contribution will allow SNO to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.