Puma Press

The Student News Site of Northridge Academy High School

Puma Press

Puma Press

Faculty Fill Coaching Needs

In an unexpected twist at Northridge Academy High School, the Division 2 basketball program experienced a shake-up that left the Puma community surprised. Coach Goosen, who had been a familiar and respected figure leading the varsity team, made a sudden decision to depart for another school.

Stepping into the void left by Coach Goosen, Mr. Hartly took on the mantle of the new head coach for the varsity team. Known for his dedication and passion for the sport, Mr. Hartly is determined to continue the Pumas’ legacy of success on the basketball court. The unexpected change provided an opportunity for a fresh perspective, and Mr. Hartly brings a wealth of experience that positions him as a guiding force for the team.

Adding another layer to the narrative, Mr. Mangione, a popular teacher with a strong connection to the student body, stepped into the role of JV Coach. His decision to take on this responsibility reflects the school’s commitment to maintaining a robust coaching staff despite unforeseen transitions. With his engaging teaching style and rapport with students, Mr. Mangione is poised to bring a unique energy to the junior varsity basketball program.

Coach Batemen
Coach Mangione (Sean Hunt)

In another coaching position filled by NAHS staff, Mr. Bateman, a teacher assistant, had been in the position of varsity softball coach for several years. This dynamic approach underscores the school’s adaptability and showcases the commitment of its staff to providing diverse opportunities for student-athletes. Mr. Bateman’s role as varsity softball coach adds another layer of richness to the coaching staff, emphasizing the collaborative and supportive spirit at Northridge Academy High School.

While Coach Goosen’s departure may have initially created uncertainty, the resilience of the coaching staff and the introduction of the new coaches provide a new season filled with determination, mentorship, and a strong sense of community.

Donate to Puma Press

Your donation will support the student journalists of Northridge Academy High School and other school journalism programs nationwide. Your contribution will allow SNO to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.