Puma Press

The Student News Site of Northridge Academy High School

Puma Press

Puma Press

Photos of protestors in front of NAHS
Features
Castro departure brings protests
Asim Shariff and Cyrus MoralesJune 24, 2024

As the school year has wrapped up, students, faculty, and staff were all struck with the sudden news- that three of our administration members...

Administrators Not Returning, New Team Coming
News
Principal Castro, VPs Oh and Frnzyan will not be returning for 2024-2025 year
Sean Hunt and Asim ShariffJune 12, 2024

Our beloved administration team that includes Assistant Principal Oh, Assistant Principal Frnzyan, and Principal Castro will not be returning...

Proud Principal Castro presenting cake to the faculty, celebrating the honor.
News
NAHS Becomes California Distinguished School
Anaiah Greene, Staff Journalist • June 11, 2024

On February 29th (Leap Day), Northridge Academy was named as a 2024 California Distinguished School. Schools were selected by analyzing data...

Pictured: Sophomores Justine Relona, Szaffi Fejes, Natalie Gutierrez, and Krishna Rivera.
Opinion
A Guide to Beating That Summertime Sadness
Olivia Munoz, Page Editor • June 9, 2024

As the school year comes to a close, students prepare for the next few months of vacation. For many, this is the best time of the year; almost...

Our beloved administration team that includes Assistant Principal Oh, Assistant Principal Frnzyan, and Principal Castro will not be returning next year. This news comes shocking to most and brings worries to changes that will undergo NAHS in the following years.

The District has decided to relocate our administrative team in hopes to improve other schools. This is because our administrative team at NAHS has worked hard to improve our school to make it how it is today.

As confirmed by the district office, Principal Castro will be going to Canoga Park High School as their new principal and undermined for the vice principals. Speculation has it that they will also be going to Canoga Park High School as historically a trade like this has happened in a “packaged deal.” Previously, Castro was the principal of Vista Middle School where some faculty transferred to NAHS following her. One staff member has already confirmed as such, Mireya Guzman, school administrative assistant.

Mireya Guzman, School Admin. Asst.

This worries staff at NAHS too because of the uncertainty of their new boss. Like any work environment, it is only as good as the leader is. Some staff scared of homophobia, other racism. Whatever it may be, we will say farewell to our administrators and welcome our new ones with open arms as it marked another chapter of NAHS history.

The new Principal, is Roberto F. Lee, formerly principal of Sun Valley Magnet. He stated that the opportunity was “Like a gift” to him, according to Castro, who spoke to him on the phone.

Donate to Puma Press

Your donation will support the student journalists of Northridge Academy High School and other school journalism programs nationwide. Your contribution will allow SNO to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.