Puma Press

The Student News Site of Northridge Academy High School

Puma Press

Puma Press

Proud Principal Castro presenting cake to the faculty, celebrating the honor.
News
NAHS Becomes California Distinguished School
Anaiah Greene, Staff Journalist • June 11, 2024

On February 29th (Leap Day), Northridge Academy was named as a 2024 California Distinguished School. Schools were selected by analyzing data...

Pictured: Sophomores Justine Relona, Szaffi Fejes, Natalie Gutierrez, and Krishna Rivera.
Opinion
A Guide to Beating That Summertime Sadness
Olivia Munoz, Page Editor • June 9, 2024

As the school year comes to a close, students prepare for the next few months of vacation. For many, this is the best time of the year; almost...

Look for the signs.
Impacting
Teenage Dating Violence
Love is Not Abuse
Anaiah Greene, Staff Journalist • June 9, 2024
Teenage Dating Violence is a common problem and is very serious, the number of cases continues to rise. So why isn't it talked about enough?
Social Studies teacher Laurie Nelson
News
NAHS Says Goodbye to Faculty
Johann Anderson and Josiah AndersonJune 7, 2024

As the students are nearing the end of the 2024 school year and seniors are preparing for their future after high school. Some faculty members...

Los Angeles Times Columnist Gustavo Arellano is invited to talk about Journalism

Gustavo Arellano talking to students after his presentation.

The English Department led by Mr. Matheny invited a guest speaker named Gustavo Arellano, who is a columnist for the Los Angeles Times, to speak with students in the MPR on Tuesday, May 21, 2024. Students learned about Arellano’s journey through journalism and his influence on our community through his voice. Gustavo Arellano covers news around Southern California and has written about topics that vary from Mexican Food to the influence of the KKK in Orange County

Donate to Puma Press

Your donation will support the student journalists of Northridge Academy High School and other school journalism programs nationwide. Your contribution will allow SNO to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.