Puma Press

The Student News Site of Northridge Academy High School

Puma Press

Puma Press

Photos of protestors in front of NAHS
Features
Castro departure brings protests
Asim Shariff and Cyrus MoralesJune 24, 2024

As the school year has wrapped up, students, faculty, and staff were all struck with the sudden news- that three of our administration members...

Administrators Not Returning, New Team Coming
News
Principal Castro, VPs Oh and Frnzyan will not be returning for 2024-2025 year
Sean Hunt and Asim ShariffJune 12, 2024

Our beloved administration team that includes Assistant Principal Oh, Assistant Principal Frnzyan, and Principal Castro will not be returning...

Proud Principal Castro presenting cake to the faculty, celebrating the honor.
News
NAHS Becomes California Distinguished School
Anaiah Greene, Staff Journalist • June 11, 2024

On February 29th (Leap Day), Northridge Academy was named as a 2024 California Distinguished School. Schools were selected by analyzing data...

Pictured: Sophomores Justine Relona, Szaffi Fejes, Natalie Gutierrez, and Krishna Rivera.
Opinion
A Guide to Beating That Summertime Sadness
Olivia Munoz, Page Editor • June 9, 2024

As the school year comes to a close, students prepare for the next few months of vacation. For many, this is the best time of the year; almost...

FoNAHS Impact on Northridge Academy

Parent Center coordinator Raquel Avila and FoNAHS President Jenett Castro meet.
Anaiah Greene

FoNAHS (Friends of Northridge Academy High School) has been a major part of this year’s funding toward the Class of 2024 and other classes like the Class of 2025. Ten people help run FoNAHS and have all been fundraising for three years now as of late April. Large amounts of revenue have come in overtime through places on campus like the Snack Shack, where food, drinks, and desserts can be bought for a very affordable price after school during sporting events, and more. Iced tea, hot-pockets, ice cream, and fresh hotdogs are common options for students to purchase almost all below $5. Fundraisers have also been extremely helpful in raising money with events like a car show or even selling something as simple as blankets during the winter season for many to use during basketball games or in general for at-home use. 

FoNAHS has many associates such as vice president Jenett Castro who have been only some of the masterminds behind their success. Members like treasurer Beth Cacho and president Dianna Indzhikushyan have all helped to fund the grade level student campaigns here at Northridge Academy and have raised an average of $1000 a month from the Snack Shack alone and around $6000 total on both fundraisers and the Snack Shack combined. They and other members have worked continuously to run the Snack Shack daily where fundraisers occur at least once a month. FoNAHS has made almost every effort possible to help the staff and students at Northridge Academy too, such as collecting school supplies at the beginning of the year staff with supplies for staff and students to use. According to Castro, who spoke for the common opinions of other members, “We love it! We love interacting and getting to know these amazing kids. We love raising money and being able to help those in need.” Castro makes it clear that the goal is to help and serve those at NAHS through this statement. 

The future of FoNAHS looks bright as members plan to continue the organization through a new team carefully selected by the current members. Every April a new board is added or modified to make sure the next leadership team has some form of connection to NAHS and is trained to help ensure the best experience students can have when they first meet, making our students feel comfortable enough to buy items from the Snack Shack. 

As of May 1st, Jenett Castro and other important members left the board due to the fact that most of the adults that run FoNAHS have their own personal jobs and most of their sons or daughters are leaving Northridge Academy to attend college. Castro actually works at NAHS in security. She is a visible presence on campus. 

As we say farewell to most of the beloved team that has run FoNAHS for three years, a new adventure begins with the new team to help set a bright future for the organization for many years to come for new students and faculty. 

Donate to Puma Press

Your donation will support the student journalists of Northridge Academy High School and other school journalism programs nationwide. Your contribution will allow SNO to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.