Puma Press

The Student News Site of Northridge Academy High School

Puma Press

Puma Press

Summer Session at NAHS

Enrichment and Credit Recovery courses now available for sign up at NAHS

As summer approaches, Northridge Academy High School has provided yet again another opportunity for students to learn. For the summer term, classes are being offered for credit recovery and summer enrichment activities. 

Credit recovery provides students the opportunity to remake any classes and credits they may have lost from receiving a mark of an F. Going to summer school will help them remake those credits and get on the path to graduation. They must get the credits they need to walk the stage and gain their high school diploma. This is a way for students to have a second chance and get on the right track again. 

Summer enrichment is also an opportunity but not most as familiar. Summer enrichment allows students to take a new class and get advanced in subjects. For example, if they took Algebra 1 in freshman year, they can now take Algebra 2 in the summer so when they come back for their sophomore year they can take an advanced level of math and gain a stronger transcript. These grades do stick on a transcript, however, so they are only for students who are confident enough in themselves to fullfill them and are eligible for this opportunity.

To to sign up for summer school, students must talk to their counselor and get a form signed by a parent. The counselor will discuss courses needed or may be of interest to the student. Another great opportunity for students to be a part of is to get on track and be lifelong learners ready for the world. 

Donate to Puma Press

Your donation will support the student journalists of Northridge Academy High School and other school journalism programs nationwide. Your contribution will allow SNO to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.